Friday, January 19, 2018

Errata and accounting

This was intended to be a no-accounting league, but even with mininal record keeping I've had some errors.

I figured there would be, but I also figured that I wouldn't worry about it unless they affected the pennant race. Which it has.

There are two teams still in the hunt, Seattle and Chicago. Seattle has played, and is scheduled to play, all 154 games, so no problems there. The White Sox were only scheduled to play 153 (the 1924 team didn't play a road game against St. Louis, which in this league translates to a road game against the Padres). But as of the games of Sept. 20 the Sox were on track to play just 151.

After some mind-melting comparison of the 1924 AL schedule and the games recorded here, I have determined:


  • On "June 17" the White Sox defeated the Expos. The result was not included in the won-loss totals for either team. I have updated the won-loss totals for the two teams as of the games of Sept.20, the most recent posting.
  • On "July 30" the Royals were supposed to play at Chicago. Instead I had the White Sox off and the Padres playing the Royals (Royals won).
These, plus the unplayed real game, account for the three missing games for the White Sox.

June 17 is solved. I have added the make-up game against the Padres to the "universal" off day on Sept. 25.

The Royals mixup is more difficult to solve. For reasons I don't know and won't try to decipher, the Royals are already in line to play 155 games. The final day of the schedule has one game, Montreal at Kansas City. I am changing that to Montreal at Chicago, which should leave KC with 154 games, Montreal at 154 games and, crucially, Chicago at 154 games. 

No comments:

Post a Comment