Monday, February 10, 2020

Going into hiatus

This is a prime time for me to put the 73 Least League into its planned hiatus. Strat-O-Matic is to begin shipping the new set of cards tomorrow, and I have plans for Tournament Three, which I will detail later in the week.

And the schedule fits for a long break here. I have finished the games of May 7. No games are played May 8; only one game for May 9. I will set aside the pitching rotation plans and the injury details. And I am declaring a bullpen reset when I resume the league. There are, honestly, one or two relievers who by my normal usage rules would need to sit a day or two, but ... we're talking the early 70s, and pitchers were routinely "abused" by today's standards. Yes, i used Geoge Culver for five innings on May 7. The Phillies don't play May 8, 9 or 10. Ideally he won't pitch May 11 either, but so what if he does?

I will here list the players on the 73 Least emergency squad, since I will have to return them to their teams for Tournament Three:

Pitchers: Lloyd Allen, David Clyde, Don Durham, Don Stanhouse (Texas); Dick Pole (Boston); Jim McGlothlin (Cincinnati); Jerry Johnson, Mike Kekich, Milt Wilcox (Cleveland); Bill Parsons, Gary Ryerson, Chris Short (Milwaukee); Eddie Bane (Minnesota); Don Carrithers, Charlie Williams (San Francisco); Goose Gossage (White Sox); Bruce Dal Canton, Wayne Simpson, Ken Wright (Kansas City)

Catchers: Hal King (Cincinnati); Dick Billings (Texas); Elrod Hendricks (Baltimore); Pat Corrales (San Diego); Mike Sadek (San Francisco); Art Kusnyer (California)

Infielders: Ed Crosby (Cincinnati); Pete Mackanin Texas); Joe Lis, Dan Monzon (Minnesota); Frank Baker (Baltimore); Dwain Anderson (San Diego); Tim Johnson (Milwaukee)

Outfielders: Terry Crowley (Baltimore); Ben Oglivie (Boston); Danny Walton (Minnesota)

No comments:

Post a Comment