Sunday, November 24, 2019

Schedule revision (aka oops!)

After completing Week Seven's games I was reviewing the pitching plans for the remaining games and realized that Stan Coveleski had not pitched yet and wasn't on my schedule.

Turns out I miscounted the number of Hall of Fame starters. I have 69 starters available between the millenium Hall of Fame set and the Negro League set (deducting Rollie Fingers. Hoyt Wilhelm and Carl Mays), and I had only 68 games scheduled (17x4).

 I will add one game to Week 10, with the 1993 Los Angeles Dodgers (63-99). They will get the Sunday game. The five teams already scheduled for that week will slide down one day apiece. This is imperfect, but I want to use all of the Hall of Fame pitchers. That, I have decided, is a higher priority than the symmetry of four games per team.

The extra game will be in Crosley Field, and I'll have the Dodgers' most used starter take the hill (Orel Hershiser).

No comments:

Post a Comment